- 4 egg yolks
- 250ml milk
- 250ml double cream
- 100g caster sugar
- 1 teaspoon Taylor & Colledge Vanilla Bean Paste
- ¼ to ½ teaspoon Taylor & Colledge Lavender Extract Paste (adding to taste)
- Step 1
- Bring the milk slowly to boiling point in a saucepan.
- Step 2
- Meanwhile, mix together the egg yolks and sugar until thick. Pour into this the hot milk with the vanilla bean paste, whilst continuously stirring.
- Step 3
- Then pour the mixture back into the pan and heat gently, stirring until the custard thickens - do not boil or it will curdle.
- Step 4
- When you can see a film form over the back of your spoon it's time to remove the saucepan from the heat. Leave to cool.
- Step 5
- When the custard base is cold, stir in the cream and the lavender baking paste. Ensure to adjust to taste. Transfer the mixture into an ice cream maker and freeze according to the manufacturer's instructions.